Imgur app question/help

These boards are a cinch to use, but if BB's are new to you, here are a few basic tips for new users to help you settle in. How to post, edit, how to add photos or avatars etc. Who are the Board Moderators etc. Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions yourself. Add threads here re any technical issues that might concern you.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Josh50
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Imgur app question/help

Post by Josh50 »

I was successful posting pictures with imgur from the desktop site but I can’t seem to find where to get the forum copy link from the mobile app. Any suggestions? Maybe I can from the mobile app

Ubobo.R.O.
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Imgur app question/help

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !

norvic

Post by norvic »

Josh50 wrote:I was successful posting pictures with imgur from the desktop site but I can’t seem to find where to get the forum copy link from the mobile app. Any suggestions? Maybe I can from the mobile app
The short answer is NO, you can't:
Norvic wrote:So to summarise, although one can take a photo with a phone and add it to imgur....

- to get it to the right size for Stampboards you need yet another app to re-size it;

- if you load it on imgur you will not* be able to select an album from your account to add it to, because there is no such option on the imgur phone app.

- if you load it on imgur you will see it in your images. If you use imgur's (desktop) website you will then be able to put it into a different album, but if you have already used it on Stampboards doing so will break the link you used before so the image will disappear (unless you COPY it to an album.)

* Using the App does require that you provide a title, which the desktop site does not; this then creates an album with that title. Whether or not you can use the same title for several images uploaded at different times, or whether you can use the title of an existing album I know not. There are only so many hours in a day to spend on this!

In this respect the photobucket phone app was better.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

imworld
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by imworld »

I used to be able to arrange/re-arrange my Imgur albums alphabetically but I can’t seem to find a way to do it now. Has this functionality been taken off? I’d really like to know if there’s another way to do this.
Collecting whales, dolphins, orchids, lighthouses, myths, legends and local folklore.

Kainnikanada

Post by Kainnikanada »

imworld wrote:I used to be able to arrange/re-arrange my Imgur albums alphabetically but I can’t seem to find a way to do it now. Has this functionality been taken off? I’d really like to know if there’s another way to do this.
I've been infrequently using Imgur since I preferred Photobucket but during the past month the latter was giving me size errors. For a few months Photocucket would not permit me to set upload size to 800x600 so I went back to using Imgur. But Imgur gave me headaches until this morning,

Recently on Imgur I could not see any of my albums on the site only all of the uploaded images. If I selected the "all" button I could see a list of albums to select but they were not explicitly shown visually. I could also create an album and upload to it. Today my albums are shown but they are not in the alphabetical order I had placed them in and.....I cannot rearrange them. Go figure. I agree something is under construction on Imgur!

Do I have to return to Photobucket which seems to be working properly now - i.e.. the upload size option is currently operational (again!)? When discussing this size issue with Photobucket I was instructed by a team member to select the 'edit' button to resize - this was not an effective/efficient method to use in Photobucket since it is difficult to save the new image to a particular album without going through several steps. At least, with Imgur, once you select the correct size for an album all consecutive uploads are automatically resized.
Looking for NSW cut-down relief date stamps, as seen in my avatar, to add to my collection.

norvic

Post by norvic »

imworld wrote:I used to be able to arrange/re-arrange my Imgur albums alphabetically but I can’t seem to find a way to do it now. Has this functionality been taken off? I’d really like to know if there’s another way to do this.
If you are asking for help on a technical problem it is always helpful to indicate

- what operating system
- if web, what browser
- if app, what device

I concede that the sort of problem you are asking about could be common to all, but even Imgur help pages acknowledge that there are somethings you can NOT do on some platforms, and some that you can ONLY do on others.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

imworld

Post by imworld »

Hi norvic. I'm using Imgur on Google using Windows 10 OS.
Collecting whales, dolphins, orchids, lighthouses, myths, legends and local folklore.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

IMGUR and photobucket are both working perfectly for me.

PB keeps having blips but it all sorts in the end. I set all images to be 800 Max there and that setting stays put.

IMGUR is by FAR the most stable of them all IMHO.

Easy to re-size anything in seconds on my laptop, with W10.

Have no need for an app and we are advised above no such animal exists anyway.

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

norvic

Post by norvic »

imworld wrote:Hi norvic. I'm using Imgur on Google using Windows 10 OS.
I assume this means Google Chrome. I can't help but others may be able to.

andywilson
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!

Post by andywilson »

I have been using WhatsApp for a long time and I have never had such an issue with WhatsApp since I updated the version of WhatsApp. WhatsApp has been crashing. A lot of searching on net I got this one WhatsApp plus Apk modified version of Whatsapp and now I am using this app but I want to know if I can use this app to post images on the forum.

Return to “New to Bulletin Boards? A few useful tips and technical threads. AND add your suggestions too.”