R.I.P. - Rodney A. Perry. Stamp Dealer and keen Collector.

A general welcome message to all new members! All new members are invited and urged to make this thread their FIRST port of call. Please do **NOT** start a new thread in THIS forum - just add to the one long one. In all OTHER forums start as many NEW ones as you wish!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Luigi
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Re: R.I.P. - Rodney A. Perry. Stamp Dealer and keen Collect

Post by Luigi »

I first learned of him through his posts here on Stampboards and various references by others which indicated the wide esteem in which he was held. I really enjoyed reading all his posts which were thought-provoking, informative and extremely well written.

It was obvious his knowledge /expertise was immense and widely shared with others.

As a result of such posts (and his 'tag-line') opening our eyes to the story that usage on covers/cards tell rather than used single stamps like many other collectors I altered some of my collecting interests to encompass such items.

My condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Rod

ephilatelics
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by ephilatelics »

Hi all,

Just want to say that the passing of Rod Perry is sad news indeed.

The reason that I collect covers (I have a thread elsewhere on Stampboards that deals with Australian International Post stamps on commercial mail covers) is a result of years of reading and learning from the maestro himself. I read a piece in Time magazine (if I recall correctly) many years ago whilst sitting in a doctors office awaiting an appointment in which Rod talked about commercial cover collecting.

It was from this article that I started looking into, and ultimately collecting, commercial mail covers (thousands of commercial mail covers). With much thought, I arrived at International Post covers, and here we are today.

It has to be the most satisfying, and annoyingly frustrating, arm of philately out there, as anyone else who subscribes to Rod Perry mania can attest.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and many friends. A life well lived.

Thank you.
Always looking for Australian International Post commercial used items both big and small

fchd
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by fchd »

A huge loss both to this forum and to the wider Australian philatelic community.

RIP Mr Perry

castores
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by castores »

In memory of Rod Perry.
A sad loss to family, friends & all things stamps.
My condolences to family & friends.
The Hobby of Kings - The King of Hobbies

casmx

Post by casmx »

Our condolences to the family. A great loss.

PennyBlack1840
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by PennyBlack1840 »

Like so many others, I did not know Rod, other than through his many posts here on Stampboards.com

His posts were always informative and supportive and several of the earlier replies allude to his various activities within the Stamp Trade over the years and it is very clear that he had a passion for philately that many dealers simply do not have. They run their business, but the true passion comes from a collector.

Whilst he may no longer be with us, he lives on through all of the collector's whom he has encouraged and helped along the way.

Clearly his very supportive involvement with the ACSC catalogues, which are very positively different today as a result of his involvement, are also clear for everyone to see.

The number and content of the comments here, particularly from those who never met him or did not personally know of him, will I hope be of some comfort to his wife and wider family, as these will let them know that he was not shared with them in vain.

R.I.P. Rod

Peter

wilko

Post by wilko »

I never met him, but his contributions to topics on this Board were invariably knowledgeable, helpful and courteous. I held him in high regard and he will be sadly missed.

tick4d
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by tick4d »

A really nice bloke. RIP Rod.

jkrabbenbos
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!

Post by jkrabbenbos »

R.I.P. Rod, you will be missed by many. Condolences to family and friends.

A shock, after not been on the board for a bit more then a week. I liked his additions on this forum as so many did and expressed before me.
Kind regards,
Jan
Collecting: Netherlands, pre-decimal New Zealand, Canada
Special interest areas: Canada Admirals, NZ Adsons, Antarctica, E.H. Shackleton

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

I noted on the "Interests" profile Rod set up on my profile, he had added this link.

No idea what it signified, but it is certainly quirky! Google says it means "Two Extremes".

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

bowlzy07

Post by bowlzy07 »

Very sad news to hear of the loss of Rod Perry.

May his memory live on in the hearts and minds of all who knew him, and all who are yet to hear about him, his involvement in the philatelic community and beyond.

My condolences to his family and friends.

David Benson
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by David Benson »

It would be a great loss to philately if Rod's exhibit of early stamp dealers was broken up.

I hope that an organisation would purchase it intact and hopefully can be shown regularly show it at exhibitions.

It would not be of great value and hopefully the heirs will agree to a reasonable price.

David B.

giwigip

Post by giwigip »

Paying my respects to a legend and a gentleman. My condolences to his family and many close friends.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

David Benson wrote:It would be a great loss to philately if Rod's exhibit of early stamp dealers was broken up.

I hope that an organisation would purchase it intact and hopefully can be shown regularly show it at exhibitions.

It would not be of great value and hopefully the heirs will agree to a reasonable price.

David B.
I understand it has been valued at well into 5 figures David, and is for sale. A perfect thing for you to buy and donate. 8)

I added a note on that excellent early Australia stamp dealer collection here -

https://glenstephens.com/snjune20.html
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

David Benson

Post by David Benson »

Whoever valued it added an extra zero.

David B.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Australia's most experienced and respected stamp trade expert valued it David. Seems in the right dollar range to me, from what I know of it.

Totally impossible to replicate material like this, is something only savvy buyers appreciate.

3212sophia
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!
Stampboards one post *NEWBIE*!

Re: HP Photosmart Printer Troubleshooting

Post by 3212sophia »

HP Photosmart Printer Troubleshooting: HP generally we know for computer software and information technology. Do you know HP stands for Hewlett-Packard, which is an American manufacturer of software and computer services that was founded in 1939. That developed and provided a wide variety of hardware components, as well as software and related services to consumers, small and medium-sized businesses, and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health, and education sectors. Click Here

Return to “Roll Call -- This Thread MUST be your *FIRST* Port Of Call here!”